The AGF sand media filter system comprises multiple standard high-speed sand media filter tanks. With an inner water distributor and collector and a two-way automated three-way flush valve; this allows the backwashing of each tank in the system during normal operations. All are regulated by a completely automated system.
Depending on user needs, two vertical and horizontal configurations are available to treat water quality in circulating water systems for industrial or civil agricultural irrigation.
This product boasts a compact, automated design that can guarantee quality effluents of 0.5 NTU turbidity, with a filtration precision of 5 micron. The system is self-regulating and backwashing, providing users an efficient, cost-effective solution.
Filter media and flow
AGF utilizes a variety of standard filter media, but chiefly relies on natural sea sand and quartz sand. Both quartz sands are suggested to meet the desired filtration requirements.
|Sand at bottom (mushroom-shaped collectors are covered)
|Upper sand layer (12-38cm thick)
|Recommended flow rate
|Backwash flow rate
Combinations of filter system
|Number of units
|Coarse filter flow rate (t/h)
|Fine filter flow rate (t/h)
|1.35 x 1.35 x 2.6
|2.70 x 1.35 x 2.6
|4.05 x 1.35 x 2.6
|5.40 x 1.35 x 2.6
|6.75 x 1.35 x 2.6
|8.10 x 1.35 x 2.6
*For larger flow, layout and other technical parameters, please consult Xuyang for details.
Material of sand filter tank unit:
· Carbon steel sprayed with epoxy resin, carbon steel lined with plastic, stainless steel
· Pipeline: carbon steel sprayed with epoxy resin, stainless steel
· Water distributor: carbon steel sprayed with epoxy resin, stainless steel
· Water collector: stainless steel, reinforced engineering plastic
· Automatic backwash valve: reinforced plastic, cast iron
· Seal ring: nitrile rubber, silicone rubber,
· Control box: PVC
· An industrial single-chip PLC automatic control solution, featuring a Chinese and English interface.
· Automated filter cleaning based on your specific pressure requirements or a set timer. Manual and forced cleansing of the filter is also optional.
· Conveniently optimize the filtering and cleaning time on the premises.
· This filter offers a range of outputs for operation, cleaning, and fault signals, as well as a 485 communication interface.
1. Highly compact, effortless installation, and conserving space
This sand media filter requires minimal floor space and is suitable for indoor and outdoor use. It can be stacked to allow for multiple layers and has strong versatility, eliminating the need to construct a separate structure while lowering overall engineering costs.
2. High level of corrosion protection, providing longevity and dependable performance
3. Abundance of clean, clear water with an impressive filtering process.
Swift filtration process with an operating capacity of 40 m3/h, reaching up to 45 m3/h depending on the water quality.
Filtered water can be utilized to backwash the filter, eliminating the need for a booster pump and backwashing pump.
Backwashing typically takes around two to three minutes, and uses less than 3 m3.
Immensely precise filtration, able to purify contaminants with a diameter of up to 0.10 mm and beyond, creating an affluent of turbidity as low as 0.5 NTU.
4. Automatic backwash
The intelligent control system is capable of automatically recognizing and controlling backwashing-all without the need for manual input. Even when the concentration of suspended particles in the liquid shifts, the filter can adapt accordingly.
5. Steady flow of water with no breaks
During the backwashing process, filtration is conducted simultaneously and water is readily available.
6. Long-term low financial outlay, due to substantially reducing electricity, water, and upkeep costs.
Energy efficiency is optimized by the system's unique automatic backwash valve. During normal operation, an orderly backwash cycle is in effect with no requirement for dedicating a pump. Compared to other sand filtration systems, its filter pump requires 6 to 7 m less head.
Water-saving: Thanks to a special water distributor and water collector, along with the standard design of the tank, there is no need for compressed air in the backwashing process. The tank uses only filtered, clean water, resulting in significantly less water usage than would be required.
Low maintenance cost: By eliminating the need for mechanical and electric valves, this system creates cost savings in maintenance and upkeep. The exclusive multifunctional valve alon can control backwashing due to its resilience and incredible durability; boasting no wear and tear and having seen zero incidences of damage in over a decade--all for a minimal management cost.
Washing filtration process
· The self-developed, specialized water distributor evenly distributes unfiltered water, allowing it to move in a smooth, laminar flow through the filter's filter material layer, comprised of uniform quartz sand or sea sand. Located at the filter's bottom is a group of uniformly-distributed water collectors, which collect the filtered water and lead it out for extra filtration, making it possible for this filter to process water at a high rate maintaining optimal filtering performance.
· As the impurities build up in the filter material layer, the pressure head loss of the inlet and outlet water keeps increasing until it exceeds the set value. At this point, the system will begin backwashing. The filter cleans itself using a portion of previously filtered water, with the rest still heading to the user. This special design of the water collector allows the fillers to scrub each other-greatly improving the backwashing efficiency and reducing the amount of water needed. Moreover, there are no materials lost during the backwashing process.